To have a beach
for yourself !
You will appreciate
- The intimacy of a beautiful natural Caribbean beach, as we do not see anymore, just for you.
- The night bath in luminescent plankton.
- The quality of gastronomy
The walk in the tropical dry forest, highly conserved.
- Kayaks at your disposal.
- The Nap in the hammocks facing the sea.
- The wonderful sunsets on the pontoon.
- Day 1 :
In the morning, according to the schedule of your flight, your driver picks you up by private vehicle at Cartagena airport or Montería airport.
You go south towards San Onofre, where you will visit the square to discover the context of the region.
After 40 minutes driving on dirt, you arrive at the Reserve, where a wonderful lunch awaits you.
You then enjoy the sea, soft sand and spaces as your please. A refreshment accompanied by a sweetness is served to you in the afternoon, to make you wait until dinner under the maloca.
- Day 2 :
You have your breakfast, always made by our excellent local cooks. You take a guided tour of the tropical dry forest, where you watch birds and typical vegetation of this unique ecosystem (only 8% of the forests are dry forests).
You enjoy the day freely, borrow kayaks if you want or wander in the Reserve.
In the evening, after eating, you embark on a trip to the starry sea. Kayaking, you cross the coast with your lamp, the mangrove and reach the lagoon where the luminescent plankton is concentrated.
- Day 3 :
Full day free. You can enjoy quietly the places or the activities proposed in the reserve.
- Day 4 :
After breakfast, you leave the reserve with your private transport to go to Cartagena or Montería.
Environmental and social responsibility : Environmental and social responsibility: Strong. By visiting the Sanguare Reserve, you fight against the deforestation of the Tropical Dry Forest, fragile ecosystem and considered by some as critically endangered. You allow local communities to find an alternative to livestock and mass tourism.
Meeting : Margarita and Alfredo, the nice local guides.
Special recommendations :
- Bring a hat, a long-sleeved cotton shirt, pants and of course a swimsuit.
- Apply sunscreen and use sunglasses all the time.
- Remember to hydrate yourself.
- Bring your water bottle or use the available glasses because the reserve forbids plastic.
- On the reserve, it is forbidden to smoke, to consume alcohol or hallucinogenic substances.
- The use of a mosquito repellent is recommended at sunset.
To travel more eco-friendly :
- Do not bring plastic waste or bring it back to town.
- Turn off the fan each time you leave the room.
- Tell the hotel not to change your towel from one night to another.
Options to extend :
- Visit of Cartagena.
- Visit of Lorica and Econbiba Cooperative (Ecotourism project for the conservation of the River Tortoise).
Activities in addition :
- Caimans watching.
- Diving lessons and night diving.
- Visit of San Bernardo's Islands.
- Snorkeling in "The National Natural Park Corales del Rosario y San Bernardo".
- Bike tour.
- All year (check price conditions).
- 611 $ / person * - (Prices from 2 persons - Double room).
- 504 $ / person * - (Prices from 3 people - Multiple room).
- Extra night: 104 € / person.
*Price supported all year except for: holy week, from December 5th to January 15th, public holidays, school holidays of June-July and October.
Services included :
- Ecolodge with swimming pool and private beach.
- Private transport Cartagena - Reserve - Cartagena.
- Spanish speaking guides in the Reserve.
- Full board (From lunch from Day 1 to breakfast day 4).
- Snacks offered during the stay.
- Night kayak for watching the plankton bioluminescence.
- Guided tour of the tropical dry forest.
- Medical assistance.
- All taxes included.
- Carbon Offset - (2 trees planted per person in the La Tribu Nature Reserve).
Services Not included :
- Internal flights.
- English guide supplement.
To book, customize this trip or get information, please fill out the booking form.