THE RIVER OF PARADISE
To swim in the
river of five colors
You will appreciate
- The good conservation of this watershed.
- The beauty of Caño Cristales, considered by many to be the most beautiful river in the world.
- Dips and walks inside the natural park.
- Artistic manifestations of the local community at dinner.
Itinerary 4 days / 3 nights
- Day 1 :
Reception at La Macarena airport in the morning and transfer to your hotel in the city of La Macarena. Following a technical exhibition from Cormacarena and National Parks we go to Caño Cristalitos or Caño Piedra (depending on the conditions of the Park and the indications of Cormacarena).
You will enjoy on the river, a typical lunch packed in leaves, called "Zarapa" or "Fiambre". This is an opportunity to swim for the first time in the waters of the Serranía de la Macarena.
At the end of the afternoon we will be back at La Macarena for a dinner at a local restaurant and stay quietly in the hotel.
- Day 2 - 3 :
After breakfast in a local restaurant, we take a boat trip for half an hour on the Guayabero River, then we make a 4X4 transfer from the village of La Cachivera to Caño Cajuche, where we will make a 1 hour walk to Caño Cristales.
We enjoyed the swims in the river of the 5 colors.
We return in the same way. Dinner will be in the village, where we will enjoy local music and dance. After a good night, it's time to rest.
- Day 4 :
We make one last visit of Caño Cristalitos or Caño Piedra, after our breakfast to enjoy the morning. At noon transfert to the airport of La Macarena to depart.
Environmental and social responsibility : Strong. By visiting the Sierra De La Macarena National Nature Park, you are fighting against the deforestation of the region, one of the most threatened by this phenomenon. Caño Cristales is threatened every year by droughts and fires, sometimes due to human causes, as well as by proposals for oil extraction.
Meeting : The local community that lives for nature tourism.
Special recommendations :
- Make sure your vaccines are in good standing (yellow fever vaccine) -Bring the card that confirms it.
- Bring light and loose clothing to cover you for the walks, shoes with good grip and that can be wet and of course a swimsuit.
- Remember to keep hydrated.
- Bring your bottle because the park prohibits plastic bottles.
- Put on warm clothes and rain gear.
- In the park it is forbidden to smoke, to consume alcohol and hallucinogenic substances.
- The use of mosquito repellent or sunscreen is not allowed in the park.
- Use sunglasses.
Caño Cristales has a carrying capacity of about 300 travelers per day (in all its sectors), so it is important to book your trip on time, especially for weekends and holidays.
To travel more eco-friendly :
- Accumulate your garbage during the walk and bring it back to town.
- Turn off the air conditioning or the fan each time you leave the room.
- Tell the hotel not to change your towel from one night to another.
Options to extend :
- An extra night!
- Connecting with another getaway.
- From June 15th to November 30th.
- 417 € / person * - (Price for 4 days / 3 nights).
- Single or double room.
- Children under 12 pay 75% of the price.
*Prices throughout the season (June 15th to November 30th).
Services included :
- Standard accommodation in La Macarena (air-conditioned room supplement - € 6 per night / room).
- Land and river transport.
- Local Spanish speaking guides (optional English).
- Full board (From lunch from midday day 1 to breakfast day 4).
- Folk show and typical cuisine of the region.
- Medical assistance.
- All taxes included.
- Carbon Offset - (2 trees planted per person in the La Tribu Nature Reserve).
Services Not included :
- Internal flights from Bogotá, Cali, Medellín or Villavicencio (possibility to coordinate with us a charter or commercial flight).
- Tax of entry to the municipality of La Macarena (8 € national tourists - 12,5 € foreigners).
- Tax of Cormacarena and National Natural Parks (14 - 19,6 € national tourists - 29,7 € foreigners).
- Airport tax of La Macarena (1,8 €).
- English speaking guide.
- Bottle of water during the visit as well as drinking water to fill your bottle.
To book, customize this trip or get information, please fill out the booking form.