To dive in a
You will appreciate
- The hot springs in the middle of the mountains.
- The meal at the fireplace.
- The human warmth of Jaime.
- The presence of many hummingbirds.
- The view of Manizales.
- The landscapes of frailejones.
- Day 1:
Early departure. Your driver picks you up at the address indicated.
You start climbing the slopes of Nevado del Ruiz. We stop in a typical restaurant to acclimatize to the altitude and warm up with a good "agua de panela".
In the early morning, we begin our ascent in the nature reserve. You quickly distinguish fields from forest areas in restoration. As you walk, your guide will show you the birds. If you are lucky, you can watch the Andean Condor!
We finish our walk on the edges of the glacier lagoon.
In the late morning, you resume your road and reach one of Celestine's favorite places. After a good meal on the covered terrace, you dive into a hot bath and relax your body. You prolong the relaxation or go out if you want to walk in the garden paths, leading you quickly to several waterfalls.
You finish the day with a meal at the fireplace.
- Day 2 :
You have breakfast in front of the mountain.
You can take a moment to go with the horticulturists in the garden, watch the hummingbirds or enjoy a last bath.
Then our driver takes you to the center of Manizales where you can take the cable car, visit the city or join the bus terminal to continue your trip.
Environmental and social responsibility : Strong. By visiting the Laguna Negra Park, you fight against the deforestation of the páramo, ecosystem unique in the world, irrigating our cities with its pure water. You allow local communities to find an alternative to the potatoes crops.
Meeting : Jaime, farmer in reconversion.
Special recommendations :
- Get enough sleep before to go in altitude.
- Put on warm clothes and rain gear.
- Take breaks during climbing stages.
- Remember to keep hydrated.
- Apply sunscreen and use sunglasses.
This little paradise is located at 3700 meters above sea level. It is contraindicated to travel there if you have heart problems, if you are pregnant, or if you are traveling with children under six years old.
To travel more eco-friendly :
- Specify at the hotel not to change your towel from one night to another.
- Accumulate your garbage during the walk and bring it back to town.
- Turn off the heating each time you leave the room.
- Tell the hotel not to change your towel from one night to another.
Options to extend :
- A second night at the hotel!
- Otún Quimbaya.
- Salento - coffee experience.
- Cocora Valley.
- All year (check price conditions).
- 159 € / person * - (Price from 2 people - Double room).
- 121 € / person * - (Price from 4 people - Multiple room).
- Private single room accommodation add 33 €.
- Extra night: 47,50 € / person.
*Price supported all year except for: holy week, December, January, public holidays, school holidays of June-July and October.
Services included :
- Charming accommodation.
- Private transport Manizales - Termales - Manizales.
- Spanish speaking guide in the Nature Reserve (optional English-speaking guide).
- Lunch day 1 - Breakfast Day 2.
- Hot drink on the road and snacks offered during the walk.
- Medical assistance.
- All taxes included.
- Carbon Offset - (1 tree planted per person in the La Tribu Nature Reserve).
Services Not included :
- The dinner.
To book, customize this trip or get information, please fill out the booking form.