To rest in the
exuberance of the Pacific!
You will appreciate
- The great Chocó rainforest and the huge Pacific Ocean.
- The Ecolodge and its environmental and social commitment.
- The quality of the cuisine.
- Rooms with terrace, hammocks and sea views.
- The hot springs.
- Whale watching (in addition).
- Day 1 :
After check-in at the airport Olaya Herrera of Medellin in the morning, we go to Nuquí (45 minutes flight). Once in the village we take a boat trip (35 minutes) to go to the ecolodge.
Located in the biogeographic Chocó, the Eco-Lodge El Cantil was designed for nature lovers to surf and dive 18 years ago. Surrounded by the great Chocó rainforest and the immense Pacific Ocean, El Cantil will offer you an unusual scene.
In the afternoon we will take a guided tour with local guide to the waterfall of love
- Day 2 :
According to the tide, either in the morning or in the afternoon, you can take a guided tour with a local guide by the beach or by going to the small village of the area, to the hot springs. A good opportunity to forget everything and relax in the middle of a splendid nature.
- Day 3 :
Again, according to the tide and the vagaries of the sea, either morning or afternoon, you go on an expedition to the river called "Río Terco" (Stubborn River).
During your free morning or afternoon, we advise you to go kayaking, surfing, stand up paddling or why not, to venture to watch the marine fauna while snorkeling.
- Day 4 :
After breakfast, you leave the ecolodge to go to Nuquí and take the return flight to the city of Medellín.
Environmental and social responsibility : Strong. By visiting this place of Chocó, you allow to preserve a territory extremely rich in biodiversity and vulnerable to the traffic of precious wood. Today, it is threatened by the desire to build a commercial port that would damage this precious ecosystem and not equal the benefits for ecological services.
In the same way, this Ecolodge seeks to improve the economic and social conditions of the local community, through conservation, protection of the environment and cultural heritage, and to develop campaigns to eliminate the academic gap.
Special recommendations :
- Bring a hat, a long-sleeved cotton shirt, pants and of course a swimsuit.
- Apply sunscreen and use sunglasses.
- Remember to hydrate yourself. Bring your water bottle.
- On the Ecolodge, it is forbidden to smoke, to consume alcohol or hallucinogenic substances.
- The use of a mosquito repellent is recommended at sunset.
To travel more eco-friendly :
- Accumulate your garbage during the walk and bring it back to town.
- Turn off the fan each time you leave the room.
- Tell the hotel not to change your towel from one night to another.
Options to extend :
- An extra night at the Ecolodge!
- Connecting with another getaway.
Activities in addition :
- Boat trips.
- Surfing (lessons and equipment rental).
- Sport fishing.
- Paddle Surf.
- Visit of the Utría Natural National Park.
- All year (check price conditions).
- 525 € / person * - (Price from 2 people - Double room).
- 484 € / person * - (Price from 3 people - Multiple bedroom).
- Private single room accommodation add 53 €.
- Extra night - Multiple room: 74 € / person.
- Extra night - Double room: 87 € / person.
*Price supported all year except for: holy week, from June 1st to October 13th and from December 16th to January 12th.
Services included :
- Charming accommodation.
- Flight Medellín - Nuquí - Medellín.
- Private transport by boat Nuquí -Ecolodge - Nuquí.
- Spanish speaking guide in the Ecolodge (optional English-speaking guide).
- Full board (From lunch from Day 1 to breakfast day 4).
- Hot drink on the road and snacks offered during the walk.
- Medical assistance.
- All taxes included.
- Carbon Offset - (2 tree planted per person in the La Tribu Nature Reserve).
Services Not included :
- English speaking guide.
- Tourist tax in Nuquí (4.5 €/persone).
- Whale watching (From July 1st to October 13th).
To book, customize this trip or get information, please fill out the booking form.