THE HUMPBACK WHALES
To watch the
giant humpback whales !
You will appreciate
- The great Chocó rainforest and the huge Pacific Ocean.
- The Private Cabine with its beautiful and quiet beach.
- The local cuisine.
- The free Kayak.
- Whale watching.
- Day 1 :
After check-in at the airport Olaya Herrera of Medellin in the morning, we go to Bahía Solano (30 minutes flight). Once in the village we take a boat trip (35 minutes) to go to the Cabine with private beach.
Located in the biogeographic Chocó, the Cabine is surrounded by the great Chocó rainforest and the immense Pacific Ocean.
The afternoon can be spent on kayaking, snorkeling or walking to the nearby beach.
- Day 2 - 3 :
Either morning or afternoon, you take a boat trip to watch the majestic humpback whales, emblematic animals of the Colombian Pacific, because it is their birthplace. It is the perfect scenario to approach and understand the life of the largest mammals on Earth, giant, intelligent and noble beings.
- Day 4 :
After breakfast, you leave the cabine to go to Bahía Solano and take the return flight to the city of Medellín.
Environmental and social responsibility : Strong. By visiting this place of Chocó, you allow to preserve a territory extremely rich in biodiversity and vulnerable to the traffic of precious wood.
Special recommendations :
- Bring a hat, a long-sleeved cotton shirt, pants and of course a swimsuit.
- Apply sunscreen and use sunglasses.
- Remember to hydrate yourself.
- Bring your water bottle.
- On the Ecolodge, it is forbidden to smoke, to consume alcohol or hallucinogenic substances.
To travel more eco-friendly :
- Accumulate your garbage during the walk and bring it back to town.
- Turn off the fan each time you leave the room.
- Tell the hotel not to change your towel from one night to another.
Options to extend :
- An extra night at the Private Cabin!
- Connecting with another getaway.
Activities in addition :
- Boat trips.
- Sport fishing.
- Visit of the Utría Natural National Park.
- Whale watching (July 1st to October 13th).
- All year for relaxing holidays).
- 404 € / person * - (Price from 8 people - Private cabin).
- 447 € / person * - (Price from 6 people - Private cabin).
- 533 € / person * - (Price from 4 people - Private cabin).
- 789 € / person * - (Price from 2 persons - Private cabin).
- Extra night - Private cabin: 300 € / person.
*Price valid during the whale watching season (July 1st to October 13th).
Services included :
- Private cabin.
- Flight Medellín - Bahía Solano - Medellín.
- Private transport by boat Bahía Solano - Private cabin - Bahía Solano.
- Full board (From lunch from Day 1 to breakfast day 4).
- Whale watching.
- Medical assistance.
- All taxes included.
- Carbon Offset - (2 tree planted per person in the La Tribu Nature Reserve).
Services Not included :
- English speaking guide.
- Tourist tax in Bahía Solano (4.5 €/persone).
To book, customize this trip or get information, please fill out the booking form.